Thread Collection > Coats Dabond 18 / V138
Coats Dabond V138
Coats Dabond is a bonded, twisted continuous filament polyester thread. Combining superior sewing performance with excellent UV and abrasion protection, specifically designed to provide resistance against harsh weather making it an excellent thread for outdoor use.
Dabond is most notably used in the manufacturing of sails and other outdoor (canvas awnings) and marine applications. Unlike conventional polyester bonded threads, Dabond has exceptional bond cohesion, giving it excellent sewing properties even in the toughest of conditions.
The V138 Dabond can only be used on heavier machines such as a walking foot machine.
- Ticket: 18
- Tex: 167
- Recommended needle size: 130 - 160
- Sail making
- Outdoor goods and sports equipment
- Military applications
- Lift slings
- Tie downs
- Applications requiring vinyl and chlorine bleach-fastness
Features & Benefits:
- Coats Dabond has excellent UV resistance for applications exposed to marine water and sunlight
- Unique bonding technology that safeguards against ply untwisting in zig zag sewing and can sew through many layers of heavily finished fabric
- Dual level lubricated finish for needle heat protection and smooth sewing
- Excellent bleach, mildew and rot resistance
- Coats Dabond is the only environmentally friendly bonded polyester thread available in the market
- The industry standard for sail making and other outdoor and marine applications
- Special version of in-line dyed Coats Dabond available for excellent vinyl fastness