Thread > Coats Barbour Linen Blake Thread
Coats Barbour Linen Blake Thread 18/6
Coats Barbour's Linen uses only the highest quality of flax. Consistency is guaranteed by the blending of batches.
One of linen's greatest assets is its low extensibility and thus its ability to hold a tight knot in the lockstitch seam; this makes it particularly suitable for welt and other forms of sole sewing. The low extensibility makes Coats Barbour's Linen ideal for end uses where no ‘give’ is required.
The natural look of the linen thread seam enhances its aesthetic appearance. Linen degrades naturally and thus is an environmentally friendly sewing thread.
This variant is waxed which adds an added protection against moisture and water.
- Size: 18/6
- Tex: 552
- Bedding & mattresses
- Book binding
- Cable insulation
Features & Benefits:
- Coats Barbour's Linen does not melt and has high initial modulus
- Linen elasticity is almost nil, it does not stretch and is easily dyed Linen forms a good knot, high strength and strength increases when wet (10-15%)
- Good fastness to UV Light and high moisture absorption
- Natural product and use for traditional and authentic products providing an aesthetic appearance
- Barbour’s Linen will wear at the same rate as other natural materials
- Linen degrades naturally and thus is an environmentally friendly solution It is a natural fibre, does not melt and swells when wet
- Low extension at break, approximately 2.5%
- Gets stronger when wet, approximately 5%
- Satin finished linen thread has an excellent appearance in stitched leather seams
- Knots hold better than synthetic equivalent